Thursday, August 7, 2014

Quick List for Classroom Behaviors

The Quick List
for Mrs. Heck’s Classroom
The entire list after the jump!
Upon entering the classroom:
  • Bring all materials to class: pencil/pen, paper, individual reading book and log, and text posted outside the door.
  • Place homework in your period’s bin next to the door.
  • Late work goes in the bin on Mrs. Heck's desk.
  • Be seated and starting instructions that are projected by the time the tardy bell rings.
  • If you are tardy three times (not seated, not working), expect to be written a discipline referral.


During class:

  • The noise in the classroom should never be so loud that you cannot hear instructions in case of an emergency.
  • No cursing. There are plenty of other words in the English language.
  • You may leave seats only when I direct you. You may grab tissues, pencils, ask to get water, etc. when you have time to do personal work (NOT when I give directions, we are having a discussion, or I am lecturing). 
    • You may rise immediately to take care of sudden illness.
  • Bathroom time?  
    • Two times to the bathroom are allowed each nine weeks. I will give extra credit for any unused passes at the end of the semester. 
    • Bring your bathroom pass up to me to be signed. You don't have to ask, I can guess why you are bringing it up. Throw it away when you return. 
    •  Only depart when we are engaged in individual work (NOT when I give directions, we are having a discussion, or I am lecturing).
  • If you have a question, please just raise your hand and I will get to you.


At the end of class:
  • THE BELL DOES NOT DISMISS YOU. I will give you final details from class and dismiss you each day. 
    • Many days we will have closing procedures (putting up supplies, turning in work, re-arranging desks, etc.) that will have to be completed.
  • Turn in classwork to the same bin where you turn in homework. Work must be in the basket in order to be counted complete. NO LATE CLASSWORK will be accepted.

Emergencies:
  • Listen to my instructions carefully and quietly.
  • If I am unable to give aid, please  go across the hall to Mrs. Minton or Mrs. Poppell.

Little extras:
  • You may checkout books from my personal library by signing out a book on the Library Clipboard.  
    • I MUST be present for you to check in a book.
  • Extra help will be available after school Tuesdays and Thursdays. Schedule extra help in advance at any other time.
  • Did you misbehave? The following will happen: 
    • Points off of your Dojo.  
    • Call home.
    • Referrals.
    • We will meet with guidance for a parent conference.

Were you absent?
  • All missed work can be found in the extras bin according to each day (Monday folder, Wednesday folder, etc) or by checking the blog. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check the missed work bin.
  • Homework must be turned in immediately upon return to school.
  • Tests and quizzes must be made up within 3 days.
  • Classwork must be made up within 5 days.

Hot Topics:
All school policies as outlined in the Student Handbook will be followed. This means:
  • Students who fail to adhere to dress code will be sent to ISS or home to change. 
  • Cell phones will be taken up by me if used without direction during the class period. If you refuse, you will receive a zero on the assignment and be given an administrative referral.
    • §  Parents may retrieve these at the end of the day from the front office.
    • §  If you need to get in touch with someone as an emergency, please let me know and I will make provisions.
  • Two times to the bathroom are allowed each nine weeks when we are engaged in individual work (NOT when I give directions, we are having a discussion, or I am lecturing). You will receive passes each 9 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. My goal in this English class is to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal in this English class is to succeed.

    ReplyDelete

Posts will be approved by site moderator.