Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New Policies

Over the Labor Day weekend, I had the opportunity to reflect on our classes, curriculum, expectations, and realities. I believe each of my classes will benefit from these new policies and classroom structure. Please feel free to email me if there are any concerns or questions.

  1. Beginning Monday, September 8th, each student should bring in either a composition notebook or a spiral-bound notebook. This should ONLY be for English as I will be taking it up once a week to grade. I will have some available to purchase for 25¢ on Friday.
  2. Class will be roughly scheduled after the following pattern:
    1. 5-10 minutes - Starter/Warm-Ups
    2. 10-15 minutes - Notes/Lecture
    3. 15-25 minutes - Reading
    4. 10-15 minutes - Activity Response
  3. If any student receives three negative Class Dojo points within one week for talking out of turn, being off task, or being disrespectful towards teacher(s) and/or student(s), this will qualify as an immediate administrative referral. Our classes are being too distracted by side conversations or interrupting comments that do not add to our positive learning environment. It is my hope that this will not continue to be necessary, but until consistent, positive class behavior can be established, this policy will remain in effect.

Again, I hope that these three strategies will enable us to fully address the standards, explore the course material, and provide a solid English/Language Arts foundation for the rest of my students’ educational careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts will be approved by site moderator.